Spinach & Sweet Potato CurryApr 09, 2021
"This has got to be one of my all time classic dishes. I have lost count of how many times I have cooked this at events and demos and on television. It is a beautiful example of how easy a curry can really be to make from scratch. Packed with skin loving beta carotene, buckets of fibre and is an absolute flavour bomb. Guaranteed to be a family favourite. Oh, and averages out 60 PENCE a portion!!"
S E R V E S : 2
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 large red onion - tiny sliced
4 cloves of garlic - finely chopped
1 teaspoon of freshly ground ginger
1 small hot red chilli - finely chopped
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
1.5 teaspoons ground turmeric
2 large sweet potatoes - diced, skins left on
375ml vegetable stock
3-4 large handfuls of baby spinach
Small bunch of coriander leaves - roughly torn.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and cook the onion, garlic, ginger, and chilli.
- When the onion has softened, add all the spices and heat until they are becoming fragrant.
- Add the sweet potato and stock and simmer for about 15–20 minutes until the sweet potato is soft.
- At this point add the spinach.
- Once the spinach has wilted, the curry is ready to serve with coriander leaves, topped with flaked almonds.