Black Bean, Kale & Courgette ChilliApr 16, 2021
"This is real comfort food at its best. A delicious rich chilli that is super cheap to make and is packed with nutrition - heart healthy polyphenols from the black beans, kale and onions, gut flora enhancing oligosaccharides from the garlic and onions, Vitamin K, Magnesium, Vitamin C, a bucket full of antioxidants and more fibre than you can shake a stick (celery) at."
3 cloves of garlic - finely chopped
1 large red onion - finely chopped
1 small fresh chilli - finely chopped
1 large courgette - cut into half circles
4 handfuls of curly kale - roughly torn
2 x 400g tin of black beans - drained
4-5 teaspoons of smoked paprika
2 heaped teaspoons of cumin
- Saute the onion, garlic and chilli, along with good pinch of sea salt, in a little olive oil until the onion has softened.
- Add the courgettes and continue to sauté until they have almost softened.
- Add the kale and saute for another couple of minutes.
- Add the beans, passatta, and spices. Stir well and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Taste and add more seasoning, and spices if needed.