Sesame Soy Salmon with Shredded Vegetables and Coconut RiceApr 16, 2021
"This is my idea of a perfect meal right here. I adore fish. I adore Asian fusion flavours, and I prefer to opt for a dish that has a low glycemic impact. This ticks all of those boxes. Any fish will do but salmon works a treat and as you know I do always encourage you to eat as much oily fish as is feasibly possible. "
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon honey
2 large salmon fillets
150g brown rice
400ml coconut milk
2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
Olive oil, for cooking
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 large red onion, finely sliced
1 small carrot, cut into thin strips
1/2 courgette, cut into thin strips
handful baby spinach
- Mix together 1 tablespoon soy sauce with the sesame oil and honey, and stir well to create a marinade. Pour over the salmon and leave to marinate for at least an hour, or overnight.
- Put the rice in a saucepan and cover with salted boiling water. Simmer over a medium heat until half cooked, about 10 minutes (check the instructions on the packet).
- Add the coconut milk and continue to simmer until soft and tender. You may need to add a little extra water.
- Add the desiccated coconut and stir well. Transfer to a warmed dish and set aside.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat, add the salmon and its marinade and cook for 6–8 minutes, turning regularly.
- Meanwhile, heat a little olive oil in a large pan or wok and add the garlic, onion, carrot and courgette. Stir-fry for 2–3 minutes, until soft.
- Add the spinach and remaining soy sauce, and cook for 1 minute.
- Once the salmon and vegetables are cooked, serve immediately with the coconut rice.